It’s not just a business it’s a story…
Zizus was created to be different. It was established by Maaz Rahman in memory of his late wife who sadly passed away in 2013 when their children were aged just 3 and 6 weeks.
After losing Saerah, Maaz turned his attention to the care of his children and realised the difficulty in finding flexible childcare to suit his requirements. Working as a Global Digital Director, Maaz had a very demanding job which involved him travelling all over the world. Having childcare that could work around parents whilst providing an exceptional early years education became Maaz’s focus, and he left the corporate world to follow his ambition.
Named after Maaz and Saerah’s son Zain, Zizus opened its doors in September 2016 to the first children, offering flexible childcare sessions to parents.
In 2022 Zizus moved to a new setting in the leafy suburb of Linthorpe; an inspirational space with a magical garden for children to benefit from forest school activities, explore the outdoors and learn more about nature and sustainability.
Zizus are incredibly proud of our team and believe in nurturing and developing talent as they are our greatest asset. We are passionate in promoting continuous professional development to give staff the experience they need to provide the best quality and highest standard of care that all children deserve.
All our staff have current paediatric first aid qualifications and either have, or are working towards, relevant childcare qualifications.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do
- Building relationships – building strong and trusting relationships with children and their families, valuing parents as their child’s first and most important educators
- Enabling potential – enabling children to reach their full potential socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually
- Adventurous experiences – offering a range of new adventurous experiences to develop children’s curiosity and extend their understanding of the world around them
- Celebrating diversity – celebrating diversity, appreciating and respecting that children’s backgrounds, home language, culture and beliefs make each child unique
- Inspiring – creating a safe, appealing and inspiring nursery environment where all children thrive and learn
- Flexibility – offering flexible childcare solutions to suit the needs of busy families
Meet the team:
Room Leader, DDSL
Room Leader, DDSL